Sunday 5 June 2011

How much of a pain is it to change Brake Shoes?

Just wondering whether its worth saving the money to do it myself or if i should just go ahead and take it to the brake place|||It is not that big of a job. You will want to take your drums to a machine shop or brake shop and have them turned. This will true up the drums and you will get better service from the brakes. Only do one wheel at a time, if you get confused on how a spring goes, you can look at the other wheel and see the correct way it goes back together. good luck.|||its pretty simple job but you gotta do it right. I%26#039;d say about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.|||If they are disc brakes then the job is not bad. You will want to get the rotors resurfaced or the new pads will squeal. I just did the rear on my camry and I went to Napa and got the rotors from china and they work just fine. So new rotors for the same price of turning the old ones.