Sunday 5 June 2011

Tapping noise from new brakes?

I changed the rear brakes (shoe type) on my Corolla about a month ago. The mechanic (Merlins auto) charged $320 for a set of new pads and 2 new hubs and associated springs etc etc. I have been hearing a tapping noise everytime I hit the brakes since then. The noise comes from the new rear brakes and the intensity of tapping depends on the speed. Normally there are no vibrations in the brake peddle, but I think I feel some vibrations when applying brakes at highway speeds. I have taken the car back to the shop 5 times for this. He adjusted the brakes a couple of times. Then replaced the hubs, although I dont know why... because the hubs were new anyway. Now he is saying that there is no problem with the brakes and I should just ignore the noise. I dont believe him! How can I ignore the noise that was not present before and is not supposed to be!





Would any of you guys have an idea what wrong with the brakes?|||could be that the incorrect parts were installed some cars came with several brake parts optional