Friday 16 September 2011

I have a 1995 Honda Accord with rear shoe brakes, I have looked at them before and they are almost gone.......

.........I need them to be changed, it costs a lot of money to change them, and, I don't want to pay over 150 just to change my brakes, which I already have. Is it easy to change rear shoes on a 95 honda accord 4 door? or not? Is there a website that shows how to do it step by step, please reply, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!I have a 1995 Honda Accord with rear shoe brakes, I have looked at them before and they are almost gone.......Changing rear brake shoes is easy. The best advice is to change one side first - if you are not sure if you have it right, check the other-side for the correct installation as you go. There is normally a leading shoe (Front - smaller lining) %26amp; trailing shoe (Rear -larger lining).
I have a 1995 Honda Accord with rear shoe brakes, I have looked at them before and they are almost gone.......
justbrakes is cheap for brake pads. but once they open it up will prob find about $500.00 worth of stuff that needs to be done
I have a 1995 Honda Accord with rear shoe brakes, I have looked at them before and they are almost gone.......
I have a 95 Accord aswell and I got just my brake pads changed about 5 months ago and it was a little over 50 dollars!
Pads are easy to change. Get a book at an auto parts store.
your best bet is to swing by an auto parts store like autozone and look at thier repair manuals section and you should be able to get an idea of what is involved. if you have a bit of mechanical knowhow it's not that difficult, but changing drum brakes is definately more difficult that replacing pads on the front. it should not be that expensive as long as the drums aren't scored. if all you have to replace are the shoes, it'll be around $40 for those at a parts store. but if the shoes are worn away and the metal backing of the shoe has damaged the inside of the drum then you are in for a bit more of an expense. while you are at the parts store, go ahead and price these.

good luck
Brake shoes are a dirty job. Disc brake pads are easier.

I have done both but heres a word of advise.

Brakes can mean the difference between you living or quick death if you are not familiar with the ins and outs.

Shoe replacement is dirty and not something you want to learn if possible considering the risk. Midas does shoes for around $100 a wheel with a lifetime guarentee.

Life expectancy with improperly done brakes may be like the lottery. If lucky you might just get by. If unlucky you might lose your life or cause someone else to lose theirs

For $200 you can rest easy that when you REALLY NEED to stop , you will.

Do you feel lucky?